Interested to attend a course on the Pediatric Advanced Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization?
Save the Dates!
CentraCare Health conducting the American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization (PEARS)
Course Location: CentraCare Health Plaza, Hughes/Mathews Room St. Cloud, MN 56303
Course Dates: December 6th, 2018
PEARS is for healthcare providers such as emergency medical technicians (EMTs), medical and surgical nurses, school nurses and any other healthcare provider who infrequently see critically ill infants and children. This includes Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, EMTs/ Paramedics, Respiratory Therapists, and Hospital Technicians.
Following the program, the participant will be able to
- Describe the timely recognition and interventions required to prevent respiratory and cardiac arrest in any pediatric patient.
- Understand the elements of the systematic approach to pediatric emergencies.
- Describe priorities and specific interventions for infants and children with respiratory and/or circulatory emergencies.
- Explain the importance of effective team dynamics during a pediatric resuscitation.
- Use the equipment for management of respiratory and circulatory emergencies.
- Perform high-quality CPR.
- Perform effective respiratory management within your scope of practice.
- Understand the evaluate-identify-intervene sequence.
- Demonstrate effective communication and team dynamics both as a team member and as a team leader.