Interested to know the latest advances in the Cardiac & Surgical Conditions in Infants?
Save the Dates!
The Mater Education conducting the Cardiac & Surgical Conditions in Infants
Program Location: Mater South Brisbane Campus, Raymond Terrace, South Brisbane, Queensland
Program Dates: May 9th, 2019
This one day, interactive program is designed for clinicians who wish to develop their knowledge and skills with the initial management of the baby with a cardiac anomaly, arrhythmia and/or a surgical condition.
Presenters include nursing and medical clinicians who will deliver current, evidence-based information on the practical aspects of initial diagnosis, stabilisation and management principles of babies with suspected cardiac anomalies and surgical conditions.
This workshop will cover topics including:
- Stabilization and management principles for babies with cardiac lesions
- Differentiation of cyanotic and acyanotic lesions
- Identification and management of SVT
- Identification and stabilization of the baby with an oesophageal atresia +/- tracheoesophageal fistula
- Initial diagnosis and management of baby with a diaphragmatic hernia
Practical skill stations will be available.
This course is relevant for health professionals working with neonatal patients in both rural/remote and tertiary centers, including:
- Registered midwives
- Medical officers
- Registered nurses
Duration of the program
8.00 am – 4.30 pm
Cost of the program