Interested to attend a 36-hour Certification Expanded Functions for Dental Auxiliary Course including Fabrication of Provisional Crowns ?
Save the Dates!
The University of Florida (UF) conducting the Expanded Functions for Dental Auxiliary Certification Course January 2019
Course Location: Gainesville, Florida
Course Dates: January 26-27, 2019 (Phase 2) and February 9-10, 2019 (Phase 3)
REGISTER EARLY — Limit is 10-20 participants, and course fills quickly.
This three phase participation course is designed to teach the auxiliary to perform those expanded functions listed below including fabrication of provisional crowns. This course will include those duties which may be performed under the supervision of a dentist and for which formal training is required.
Phase 2: Part I Clinical Instruction. Students will participate in a review of the online modules and begin clinical participation.
Phase 3: Part II Clinical Instruction. Students will continue with clinical participation, complete the written examination and complete a final clinical examination.
Certificates will be awarded upon demonstration of competency and satisfactory completion of written and clinical post-tests.
To provide training for certification in the following expanded functions:
- Laws & Rules
- Infection Control
- Taking impressions for study casts
- Topical application of fluoride (including foam & varnish)
- Placing and removing rubber dams
- Placing and removing periodontal dressings
- Polishing clinical crowns for removal of stains
- Polishing amalgam restorations
- Placing and removing matrices
- Placing intra-coronal provisional (temporary) restorations
- Placing bases and liners
- Suture removal
- Application of pit & fissure sealants
- Preliminary charting
- Packing and removing retraction cord
- Fabricating provisional crowns
- Cementing provisional crowns with temporary cement
- Gail Schneider Childs,MPH, RDH, Director
- W. Stephen Howard, DMD, FAGD
- Richard Kelowitz, DDS
- Melissa Orobitg, CDA, CRDH, BHSc
- Panagiotis Zoidis, DDA, MS, PhD
Continuing Education Units
36 contact hours. (Participation)
- Auxiliary Fee: $899 (Early Bird) / $999 (Regular Fee)
- Saturday & Sunday : 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Check-in: 7:30 am
- Networking Lunch included